It occurred to me that some of my readers might be interested only in politics, while others would be interested only in triathlon.
So far they aren’t auto discoverable.
I had to jump through some hoops to make it possible for MovableType to know what to call them. The were created automatically without any problem, I just created a Archive Template for each and there they were.
The issue was on the feeds page. I didn’t want to create the page by hand, so I created a template to generate them. There wasn’t a tag that held the name of the category as used on the file system for me to reference.
When the files are created, it is named like <MTCategoryArchive>.xml The problem is that is run through dirify before the file is written. So for instance, the Family Life category produces a file
family_life.xml. If I tried to do that on my feeds page, <MTCategoryArchive>.xml is transformed into
I didn’t know how I could call dirify on MTCategoryArchive.
<$MTCategoryArchive$ dirify="1"> doesn’t work.
Instead I created a new tag, MTCatgoryHandle. I registered a handle in MT::Template::Context, and in that handle I called dirify on MTCategoryLabel. I don’t know if this is the right way to go about this, I prefer not to be hacking in the source directly, but since I needed this once before, I decided to go for it.
Ideally I would like the index page of each category to contain both the name of the full site feeds and the specific category feeds.
- Posted June 13, 2005 in: Blogging,Movable Type,Software & Internet
- 0 comments | email this | tag this | digg this
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.